I don't know what the weather is like where you live but it has been miserable here. Today on the way to church we saw a flock of robins that looked somewhat bewildered and not at all amused with the latest round of snow that fell last night and the first half of today. Spring is technically a couple of weeks away, but there is little evidence of it. Although our hearts and taste buds long to taste the freshness of Spring, comfort food is still the norm.
This delightful Mississippi pot roast is a yummy way to keep you warm and satisfied. It is easy and requires few ingredients. The ranch mix and au jus gravy mix provide just the right amount of savory flavor and the pepperoncini give it a nice kick. If you are looking for something new to put in the crock pot some week day when you are busy, give this a try. Olivia made it and as you can see, it turned out beautifully.
MISSISSIPPI POT ROAST
- 3 pound Chuck Roast
- 1 package of Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- 1 package of Au Jus Gravy Mix
- 4 tablespoons unsalted Butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 6 Pepperoncini Peppers, whole
- ¼ cup water
- Place the chuck roast into slow cooker.
- Sprinkle ranch and au jus over meat.
- Toss in butter and pepperoncini peppers
- Pour water over meat.
- Place lid on slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8 hours.