This recipe is great for three reasons: 1) it is versatile--you can use the cookies of your choice, 2) it is really easy to make, and 3) it tastes great! Olivia has made this and every time it is a hit with anyone who tastes it. The really nice thing about this sweet treat is that it is a popular among children and adults alike. You won't be sorry you tried this. It is a great recipe to keep in your repertoire in case you need something, quick ,easy, and tasty to take to a carry-in. Give it a try. You won't be sorry!
BOTTOM-OF-THE-COOKIE-JAR PEANUT BUTTER-MARSHMALLOW-GRAHAM BARS
- tablespoons salted butter
- cup creamy peanut butter
- cups mini marshmallows
- cups Golden Grahams™ cereal
- cups of your favorite cookies, chopped (I used peanut butter sandwich cookies, creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter-stuffed pretzels)
- 1 1/2
- cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1Grease (or line with cooking parchment paper) 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish.
- 2In large heavy-bottomed pan, heat butter, peanut butter and marshmallows over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until mixture is melted and smooth.
- 3Remove from heat; stir in cereal and cookie crumbs. Dump mixture into baking dish; smooth it into an even layer.
- 4In medium microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until melted and smooth. Drizzle over top of bars. Cover; place in fridge 1 hour.
- 5Cut into 6 rows by 3 rows. Store covered at room temperature or in the fridge.