ROASTED GARLIC & DILL RICOTTA SPREADThis delicious recipe came from www.bunsinmyoven.com. Olivia made this smooth, fresh spread and found it to be great with either toasted baguette slices, on veggies, or on a tasty cracker. It is loaded with flavor from the fresh dill and roasted garlic.
Grilling season is now upon us and having a crispy textured accompaniment smothered in creamy ricotta spread may be just the ticket to your next successful barbecue. Fresh herbs may be available in your own back yard so take advantage of the season, and try incorporating your herbs into this spread.
Olivia and I love this time of year when the garden, including herbs, starts to produce and fresh flavors abound. We hope you are enjoying some flavorful fun too!
- 1 cup full fat ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- crostini, fresh vegetables, chips, crackers for dipping/spreading
- In a medium bowl, combine the cheese and dill. Squeeze the entire head of garlic into the mixture. Add one teaspoon of olive oil and the salt. Stir well to combine.
- Place in a serving bowl and drizzle with the remaining teaspoon of olive oil.
- Serve spread on crostini or as a dip for vegetables, chips, or crackers.