I will be honest, you can definitely drizzle the two sauces in a much prettier fashion than what these cookies are pictured as here. It was late when the cookies were cool enough to top, and the drizzling wasn't happening. ;) Even if these don't have perfect drizzles, they are delicious!
Double-Drizzle Pecan Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- CARAMEL DRIZZLE:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE:
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt;
gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in pecans. Place 2 in. apart on
ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 8-10
minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing
to wire racks to cool completely.
In a small saucepan, bring brown sugar and cream to a boil. Remove
from the heat; whisk in confectioners' sugar. Immediately drizzle
In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Drizzle
over cookies. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.