Sour Cream and Bacon Crock Pot Chicken
- 8 bacon slices
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (10 oz) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup flour (all purpose or gluten free blend)
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- garlic powder to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-low heat until some of the fat is rendered. Be sure that the bacon is still pliable and not crisp. Drain on paper towels. If you use this method, reduce the flour to 1/4 cup. Or don’t cook the bacon and proceed with the recipe.
- Then wrap one slice of bacon around each boneless chicken breast and place in a 4-5 quart crockpot.
- In medium bowl, combine condensed soups, sour cream, spices, and flour and mix with wire whisk to blend. Pour over chicken.
- Cover crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours until chicken and bacon are thoroughly cooked. You may want to remove the chicken and beat the sauce with a wire whisk so it is very well blended.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- If you have a newer crockpot, check the chicken at 5 hours. The internal temp should be 160 -170 degrees F.
Chicken in the crock pot all smothered and ready to cook!
The delicious chicken served up with some mashed potatoes and peas. Mmmmm!