Weeknight meals may often pose the problem of needing to get a meal on the table in a short amount of time. I came up with this recipe as a quick solution to that problem tonight. I had delicious ham left over from Easter dinner that we had with my parents. My parents gave us quite a bit of ham to bring home with us and enjoy this week. The ham came in handy tonight. :) This recipe is not an exact one, so have fun with it!
- 1 - 2 cups of ham, diced
- 1 medium purple onion, diced
- 1/2 - 1 cup of BBQ sauce (Your favorite brand will work!)
- half a can of diced pineapple, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups cheese (Use up odds and ends from your refrigerator. I had a bit of mozzarella, cheddar, and Colby Jack, so I used up all of my little bits of all three.)
- 1 tube of Pillsbury pizza dough
- Preheat your oven according to the pizza dough directions. Unroll the pizza dough and spread it evenly on a cookie sheet. Prebake your pizza dough according to the directions on the tube of dough.
- While your crust is prebaking, heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Sauté the diced onions until they are tender. Add the ham to the skillet and stir.
- After prebaking, use the back of a spoon to spread the BBQ sauce over the pizza crust.
- Spread the ham and onion mixture over the pizza, along with the pineapple.
- Top the pizza with a sprinkling of the cheese(s).
- Bake your pizza according to the directions on the tube of dough. I baked mine for about another ten minutes.
- Slice your pizza and enjoy! :)