Sunday, February 12, 2012

Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

So those of you who know my mother and me in "real life" know that we tend to be a little bit alike.  Ok - A LOT alike.  I'll be honest - there is no one else in this world who I'd rather be mistaken for.  :)  I love my mom dearly, but sometimes it is just plain funny when we "do things alike".  This morning, after church, my husband and I went out to breakfast with my parents.  My dad was planning on coming over to our house this afternoon to help my husband with our renovation project in the basement.  My mom announced that she was making Valentine's Day cookies and having Dad deliver some to us.

WHAT?  She stole my idea!  

I had already told my husband before church that I was making cookies and having Dad take some home for my parents for Valentine's Day.  What can I say - Great minds think alike! 

The cookies I made were rich and chalked full of CHOCOLATE!  What says "Happy Valentine's Day!" more than a double chocolate cookie?  

I must admit - these cookies are seriously full of chocolate.  When I had the guys taste them, they claimed there was "No such thing as too much chocolate!!!" so I guess the cookies passed the test.  I have a feeling this will make its way into my permanent recipe collection at the request of my husband and my dad.  :)



Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Source: "The Girl Who Ate Everything"

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
2) In a small bowl, mix flour, cocoa, soda and salt using a wire whisk and set aside. 
3) In another bowl, cream butter, sugar and peanut butter until light and fluffy. 
4) Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. 
5) Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and mix until combined. 
6) Stir in chocolate chips. 
7) Roll cookie dough into 1-1/4 inch balls. 
8) Place on parchment paper covered baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Cookies will still be soft but will set up after cooling. Place cookies on cookie rack to cool. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment