When Olivia showed me this recipe, her comment was, "It doesn't look like much, but the two groups of people we served it to loved it." I laughed at that because I know the old adage about how you eat with your eyes first, but in this case beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I personally think the golden brown look of this dip is a beautiful thing. The combination of cheeses and spices paired with chorizo is a medley that can't be beat. With fall gatherings coming up and football games to watch (which automatically means snacks to eat while watching) this delicious dip could become a crowd favorite. Give it a try!
HISSY FIT DIP
- 1 pound bulk chorizo
- 16 ounces sour cream with chives
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 ounces Velveeta, cut into small cubes
- 16 ounces mixture of cheddar and colby cheeses, grated
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried ground sage
- garlic powder to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9×9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the chorizo, crumbling it as it cooks, until browned and cooked through. Remove the chorizo from the skillet with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel-lined plate. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the sausage and all remaining ingredients to a medium bowl and stir until well blended. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish, spreading it into an even layer.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve warm with tortilla chips.