Most people have harvested the last of their squash and probably either eaten them or preserved them in some way, but some folks may still have that lone zucchini that looms large in the kitchen, You may be looking at it and saying to yourself, "I really should use this thing before it goes to waste." Well, ponder the situation no longer and make this delicious cheesy garlic zucchini rice. It has all the texture and taste you could ever want from the humble zucchini and is sure to please those with whom you share it. It is a simple, but delicious recipe you should definitely try. Olivia made it and gave it a two thumbs up!
CHEESY GARLIC ZUCCHINI RICE
YIELD: 6 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 20 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
RECIPE FROM: www.damndelicious.com
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth*
- 1 cup rice*
- 2 zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in vegetable broth and rice. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until rice is cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in zucchini and cheese; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and let stand until cheese has melted, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.