Sunday, March 6, 2016

APRICOT BRIE BITES

APRICOT BRIE BITES

I have not had these, but I have to say they look amazing and pretty simple!  I love brie and I love apricots so this is a no brainer.  Olivia made these delightful bites of sweet and creamy deliciousness and I'm sure you will want to try them.  This might possibly be a lovely appetizer for your Easter meal or a light snack for a party or carry-in.  

This recipe brings back wonderful memories from when I was a child and my grandparents used to get bushels of apricots from Michigan and send them to somewhere to have them canned in metal cans.  I can remember going to their basement when I went to their house as a child and bringing a can upstairs to open.  Inside was the sweetest, ripest, most wonderful fruit you can imagine.  If you are as big a fan of apricots as I am, you can't go wrong with this winning recipe.  
-Nanette




BRIE BITES ready to go into the oven...

 Deliciously warm BRIE BITES

apricot brie bites
INGREDIENTS
  • 2 sheets of Puff Pastry
  • 1 (6 oz) wheel of Brie, with the casing removed 
  • 1/2 cup apricot preserves
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease a mini muffin tin.
  2. Let the Puff Pastry thaw according to package directions and then cut each sheet into 9 pieces. Shape the squares into the muffin tins.
  3. Cut the brie into 1-inch pieces and place one each of the puff pastries.
  4. Top with about a teaspoon of apricot preserves.
  5. Bake for 10-13 minutes, or until Puff Pastry is lightly golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment