Sunday, January 27, 2019

Banana Kiwi Muffins

Banana Kiwi Muffins

Like many people, I found myself with a few ingredients leftover from another recipe that I didn't know what to do with, so I looked for a recipe that called for kiwis and bananas.  The search led me to a site called Genius Kitchen and they had a recipe for kiwi and banana muffins.  I modified the recipe slightly by using stevia instead of sugar and almond flour instead of regular flour.  Olivia, in her efforts to eat less carbs, has convinced me to use almond flour when I can.  The result was a moist, fruity muffin that is delightful.  If you'd like to make something a little different than your ho-hum muffin, give this one a try.
-Nanette



Ingredients:
1/2 cup stevia
2 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 T baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 low carb vanilla yogurt
6 T skim milk
3 T canola oil
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large ripe bananas
3 ripe kiwi chopped into small pieces

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Combine first six ingredients (dry) in a large mixing bowl.  Set aside.

Mix yogurt, milk, oil, egg, vanilla, and mashed bananas in a small bowl. 

Add wet to dry until just combined and stir in the kiwi.  Line muffin pan with paper liners.  Spray those with vegetable oil spray.  Fill each cup about 2/3 full and garnish with a pecan if you like.  Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes.  Cool for at least 10 minutes.  Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment