I really like Easter. It is just as big if not bigger to me than Christmas. It has deep religious meaning for us but even despite the Easter Bunny, it lacks much of the superficiality of Christmas. Everything about it, including fresh Spring salads, screams of rebirth, renewal, and fresh starts. If you like to have a lovely salad with your Easter feast, or you are just looking for a new dressing idea, you might want to try this recipe soon. Olivia made it and it is delicious. It is creamy, tangy, and full of flavor. Make enough to keep for a few days in the refrigerator. Believe me, you will want more. From our family to yours, we hope you have a blessed Easter holiday.
ITLIAN HOUSE DRESSING
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (This really doesn’t add much heat; it’s better with it!)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup neutral oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (either fresh or from a can)
- 3/4 tsp. Italian seasoning (add more if needed)
- Place vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, mustard, salt, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and garlic in the jar of a blender and blend until smooth. While the blender is running, add the oil in a steady stream. Remove the blender jar from the blender and mix in the cheese and Italian seasoning by hand. Transfer to a storage or serving container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.