Looking for a great hearty meal that is easy to make and full of flavor? I personally love anything with Creole seasoning and shrimp! This easy dish is a crock pot recipe that is a little out of the norm. If you can imagine the smell as it is cooking, that is only a tiny preview of the punch of flavor this delicious recipe affords. Using turkey smoked sausage and brown rice even makes this dish a little on the healthy side.
As the weather cools in the coming weeks and you turn to the slow cooker for a delicious way to get a meal on the table, try this recipe. Olivia made it and as you can see, she got great results.
- 1/2 pound ground sausage, cooked in a pan until browned
- 1/2 pound turkey smoked sausage, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 large each - green and red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 tsp. celery seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- Place the first 10 ingredients in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered,
- on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in shrimp and rice. Cook, covered, 15-20 minutes longer or until
- shrimp turn pink and rice is tender. Yield: 8 servings.