BARBECUE CHICKEN PIZZA
This barbecue chicken pizza is so good Olivia took a picture of the unbaked version but forgot to take a picture of the baked version before they ate it! This sweet and savory chicken will please almost anyone. I like a pizza with lots of cheese and this one certainly fits the bill. If you have children, try this version with them. It is a great way to sneak in some fruit without them realizing it. Using a purchased pizza dough makes this pizza easy too. Hope you give it a whirl next time you are in the mood for a homemade pizza.
BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA
1 lb. premade pizza crust (like the kind out of the tube from the grocery)
1/2-1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
1 small purple onion, sliced
2 cups diced, cooked chicken (You can use canned chicken that has been drained.)
1 can diced pineapple, with juice drained off of it and reserved
2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
1 cup shredded cheese of your choice (I used colby jack.)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1) Pour the BBQ sauce, reserved pineapple juice, and brown sugar in a small sauce pan and simmer over medium heat for a few minutes until combined.
2) Preheat the oven to the temperature on the pizza dough. Spread the pizza dough out on a pizza pan.
3) Spread the BBQ sauce mixture over the pizza dough and equally place the chicken pieces over the sauce.
4) Place the pineapple pieces on the pizza as well as the sliced onions. Sprinkle the cheese over the entire pizza.
5) Bake the pizza according to dough package directions.
6) Slice and ENJOY!