SLOPPY JOE CASSEROLE
Yesterday was the first official day of fall and when fall comes, we think of warm comfort food to help us through the transition. This recipe certainly fills the bill. Best of all, it is kid friendly, because what kid doesn't like sloppy joes and tater tots? Olivia came up with this fabulous combination and I'm sure it is delicious. It is just the thing to take the chill off during some cool autumn night. Hope you like it!
Sloppy Joe Casserole
1 pound of lean ground beef
3/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons dried, minced onions
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
pinch of black pepper
1 small package of tater tots
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1) Brown the ground beef in a medium skillet over medium high heat and drain off any remaining fat in the pan.
2) Mix in the ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, dried onions, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper to the ground beef. Cook it over medium heat for a few minutes until completely combined.
3) Pour the mixture into an 8" x 8" pan and arrange (or pile on...nothing says you have to line your tater tots up in perfect lines! :)) your tater tots on top.
4) Bake the casserole at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, or until the tater tots begin to brown.
5) Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the tater tots, and bake for another five minutes until the cheese is melted. Enjoy!